Monday, March 2, 2009

Shalom and Welcome

"I establish this blog as an apparatus by which I might engage the wider audience of lay-theologians, artists and world wide web-equipped people in discourse as I describe and perform my own theological-artistic project," he bellowed, planting a flag. Then chastened by his own words, he draped the flag over his tabletop and cooked dinner, speaking sparingly when spoken to.

I looked up what people who know rules thought about ending a sentence with a preposition, and found an article denying it was a real rule in English. The article was written on my birthday.
I think it's a sign.
But still, a preposition is often not a good word to end a sentence with.

I won't deny that this blog was created in part because I am currently enrolled in what seems to be the most important, and final, class of my undergraduate career: Contemporary Theology, with Dr. Richard Crane at Messiah College. When one is engulfed in a sea of so many new ideas in such a short period of time, one often needs further outlets to begin the process of internalization and discernment, often within the Christian community itself. I hope this blog will serve in that regard.

This blog was also created for reflection on film, music and art of all kinds, as well as the language we use in theology, philosophy, science and art to give meaning to those things.

As the great theologian once said,
"Let's light this candle."

No comments:

Post a Comment